Do you spend all your time serving your customers and put all your own projects on the back burner? I’m so guilty of that. I’ve been working on re-branding the Legacy Designs website for a very long time and serving our customers was always #1 on our list. I’m going to share some tips on how you can free up some time, but the best one I’m saving for last and this is how I found 2 hours a day to get the re-branding project done:
- List all the things you do on a daily basis.
- Look at each day and cross off the things that were not critical and didn’t really need to be done.
- How much time do you spend on Social Media playing those games? (Not guilty of that!)
- Cross off everything that doesn’t contribute to your goals of serving your customers and building relationships.
- Now re-write the list. It’s much smaller is it?
This is how I found 2 hours a day with no effort:
We may only spend 5 minutes checking email, but if you’re checking email every 15 minutes, that’s 2.67 hours per day devoted to email! I’m not telling you stop checking your email, but maybe cut it down to checking email every hour. This tip may not work for everyone, but I’m sure you can make some tiny changes to free up a bunch of time. It was hard in the beginning and it’s not every day, but I’m saving between 2 – 2 1/2 hours per day (depending on how long email replies take).
Give this a try and let me know how it works for you.