Before writing your next post, ask yourself these questions:
- Who am I writing this for? Ideally, it’s the person that is going to engage with your post by liking, sharing or commenting. You’re not off the hook yet…you need to figure out exactly “who” this person is.
- What exactly am I trying to say? If you can’t explain it to a 6 year old, how will anyone else understand it?
- What photo can I use to enhance what I’m trying to say?
- Why am I writing this? It it just to share information or do I want to lead my readers back to my website?
- How will this benefit my social media goals?
- When will I schedule this post to be published?
- Where will I be publishing this post?
Once you’re finished writing up your post, have your image and links ready. Go back and ask yourself the questions again. Does your post make sense?
If it makes sense, go ahead and publish as per your schedule. If it doesn’t quite make sense, revise and ask the questions again.